Dlink Cat 6 Cable Copper indoor
D-Link Cat 6 Copper Indoor Cable is a type of Ethernet cable designed for indoor use in networking applications. Here’s a description of this cable:
- Category 6 (CAT6) Compatibility: This cable conforms to the Category 6 (CAT6) standard, which is designed to support high-speed data transmission and is suitable for Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet networks. CAT6 cables are known for their enhanced performance and reliability.
- Copper Conductor: The cable is made of copper conductors, which are known for their excellent conductivity and signal quality. Copper is the preferred choice for Ethernet cables as it provides low resistance and minimal signal loss.
- Indoor Use: D-Link Cat 6 Copper Indoor Cable is specifically designed for indoor applications. It is suitable for use in homes, offices, data centers, server rooms, and other indoor networking environments.
- UTP (Unshielded Twisted Pair) Design: This cable typically features an unshielded twisted pair (UTP) design. UTP cables are commonly used in indoor environments where there is minimal risk of electromagnetic interference (EMI) or crosstalk.
- Available Lengths: The cable is available in various lengths to accommodate different networking requirements. Common lengths include 1 meter (3.3 feet), 2 meters (6.6 feet), 3 meters (9.8 feet), and longer options.
- Color: Ethernet cables often come in different colors, with blue and gray being common choices. The color of the cable may vary depending on the specific product offering.
- RJ45 Connectors: D-Link Cat 6 Copper Indoor Cable is terminated with RJ45 connectors on both ends. RJ45 connectors are the standard connectors used for Ethernet cables and are compatible with most networking equipment, including computers, routers, switches, and networked devices.
- High-Speed Data Transfer: The cable is capable of supporting high-speed data transfer rates, making it suitable for demanding networking tasks such as video streaming, online gaming, and data transfers.
- Durable Jacket: The cable typically features a durable and protective outer jacket that helps protect the internal twisted pairs from physical damage and wear.
- Versatile: This cable can be used for a wide range of indoor networking applications, including connecting computers, printers, routers, switches, access points, IP cameras, and other Ethernet-enabled devices.
When selecting a D-Link Cat 6 Copper Indoor Cable, consider the required cable length and the specific networking devices you intend to connect. Proper cable management and installation are essential for maintaining a reliable and efficient indoor network infrastructure.