Cisco 891 Integrated Services Router C891F-K9
Cisco 890 Series ISRs deliver integrated security and threat defense, protecting networks from both known and new Internet vulnerabilities and attacks. These powerful, fixed-configuration routers provide secure broadband, Metro Ethernet, and Wireless LAN (WLAN) connectivity. Service providers offering managed Ethernet WAN services can deploy them in customer locations as CPE. You get centralized and remote management capabilities through web-based tools and Cisco IOS® Software for full visibility and control of network configurations at the remote site.
The 890 routers simplify the deployment of Ethernet WAN services, with end-to-end Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OA&M), Service-Level Agreement (SLA) monitoring and verification, and configuration management.
Cisco 890 Series ISRs come with an 8-port managed switch, providing LAN ports to connect multiple devices. An optional Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) capability can also supply power to IP phones and other devices. Eleven Cisco 890 Series models are available.
890 ISR Feature(s)/Description
High availability and business continuity
● Redundant WAN connections for failover protection and load balancing
● Dynamic failover protocols such as Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP; RFC 2338), Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP), and Multigroup HSRP (MHSRP)
● Dial backup with external modem through a virtual auxiliary port
Consistent, high application performance levels
● The router can run multiple services simultaneously with no performance degradation
Risk mitigation with multilevel security
● Network perimeter security with integrated application inspection firewall
● Data privacy through high-speed IP Security (IPsec) Triple Data Encryption Standard (3DES) and Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption
● Enforced security policy with intrusion prevention
● Security hardware acceleration
● Next-generation encryption for secure network communications systems, reliable for the next decade
● Cisco ISR Web Security with Cisco ScanSafe, designed to prevent zero-day malware from reaching corporate networks
Feature consolidation for real estate, capital expenditures (CapEx), and management savings
● Supports LAN connections, both Ethernet and Wi-Fi, in one appliance. Contains an integrated 802.11n WLAN access point that supports both autonomous and unified modes, as well as an 8-port LAN switch. Management of both the wired and wireless environments is integrated
Unified control of wired and wireless networks from a common console for streamlined operations
● Simplifies and centralizes configuration and management of wireless and wireline devices. Supports WLAN services without requiring a wireless LAN controller
Remote configuration and management to keep local IT staff lean
● Supports separate console, auxiliary, and USB ports
● Provides one USB 2.0 flash memory
There are no reviews yet.