AW-CTD322 Two Wire Conventional Heat Detector
The AW-CTD322 Two-Wire Conventional Heat Detector is a fire safety device used to detect increases in temperature caused by fires or abnormal heat conditions. This type of heat detector is commonly used in fire alarm systems to provide early warning of fire-related hazards. Here’s a description of the AW-CTD322 Two-Wire Conventional Heat Detector:
Product Name: AW-CTD322 Two-Wire Conventional Heat Detector
Key Features and Characteristics:
- Heat Detection: The primary function of the detector is to sense elevated temperatures or rapid temperature increases within its immediate environment. It is designed to respond to heat conditions rather than smoke or flames.
- Two-Wire Design: This heat detector operates using a two-wire configuration, simplifying installation and reducing wiring complexity. The two wires typically provide both power and communication between the detector and the fire alarm control panel.
- Fixed Temperature or Rate-of-Rise: Heat detectors can operate in two main modes: fixed temperature or rate-of-rise. Fixed temperature detectors activate when a specific pre-set temperature threshold is reached, while rate-of-rise detectors activate when the temperature rises rapidly within a short period.
- Alarm Signaling: When the heat detector detects an abnormal increase in temperature, it triggers an alarm signal. This signal is sent to the connected fire alarm control panel, which then initiates the appropriate emergency response, such as sounding alarms and notifying authorities.
- Visual Indication: Many heat detectors include a visual indicator (often an LED) that activates when the detector is in alarm mode. This provides a visual cue to alert building occupants and responders.
- Temperature Rating: The AW-CTD322 heat detector is designed to operate within a specified temperature range. This range depends on the model and application, ensuring the detector’s reliability in various environmental conditions.
- Mounting: Heat detectors are typically ceiling-mounted or wall-mounted in locations where temperature changes are expected to occur slowly, such as kitchens, boiler rooms, and industrial settings.
- Compatibility: The AW-CTD322 is designed for use within a conventional fire alarm system. It is compatible with other components of the system, such as manual call points, smoke detectors, and the fire alarm control panel.
- Tamper Resistance: Heat detectors are often designed to be tamper-resistant, making it difficult for unauthorized individuals to disable or tamper with the device.
- Compliance: The detector is typically manufactured to meet relevant fire safety standards and regulations, ensuring its reliability and performance in fire detection.
Heat detectors like the AW-CTD322 are an integral part of fire alarm and life safety systems, providing essential fire detection capabilities. They are particularly useful in areas where smoke detectors may not be suitable due to high dust levels, rapid air movement, or where false alarms could occur. Proper installation, maintenance, and adherence to local fire safety codes and regulations are essential to ensure the effectiveness of heat detectors in providing early fire warnings.